Help & settingsWelcome to the help & settings section, here you can change the default units, sign in for free and learn more about weather forecasting. Bigsalty Site Help Bigsalty Rating System Our forecast & current weather data Forecast charts Current weather Beach data Interpreting wave data
Big Salty Weather Data Suite
We collect a range of forecasting data to ensure you’ve got the right information to get you on the water, fast.
Here’s a quick summary of the types of data Bigsalty brings you:
- Graphical forecast charts for wind speed, wave height and wave period, pressure, surface temperature and cloud cover.
- Location forecasts for our database of beaches and inland water bodies around the UK. Forecast coverage includes some or all of the following for your local breaks: wind speed and direction, wave height and wave period, tidal data, cloud cover, temperature and rainfall.
- Current weather observations sourced from land-based stations and marine buoys, which include wind reports, wind history, atmospheric information, wave period, wave height and wave direction.
- Location information and detailed beach searches for the specific interest of windsurfers and beach users.
- Tidal data for all major primary and secondary ports.
Fire weekend... Posted by: jimmy Date: 15:19 24-05-13
Spring Storm... Posted by: The Team Date: 22:18 13-05-13