You are not logged in.

#1 2013-01-28 20:25:41

jamescox

tuesday the 29th avon beach

Let's call it atom beach because i'm heading there late morning to split it. I hope some will join me!

-----------------------------
www.jimmywindsurf.com
Sponsored by: Quatro International,  K4 Fins, Ezzy Sails, Bigsalty Weather

#2 2013-01-30 10:11:39

Charlie W

Re: tuesday the 29th avon beach

Am thinking of heading to Highliciffe for around midday

#3 2013-01-30 11:45:09

jamescox

OK, I'll be an hour later to come and take a look. But guess you'll still be there judging by this week's efforts so far!

www.jimmywindsurf.com

#4 2013-01-30 16:45:02

jamescox

How was it? It looked pretty good from the cliff but I ended up going for an x-ray on the ankle instead. It looked like there were some grunty set waves coming through!

jamescox wrote:

OK, I'll be an hour later to come and take a look. But guess you'll still be there judging by this week's efforts so far!

www.jimmywindsurf.com

#5 2013-01-30 17:28:16

Charlie W

Yes! Double top sweet session, 3* Big Salty rating bang on! Got stuck on the inside one time too many (don't take the wave too far in Charlie!) but caught some fantastic lumps out there. Just hope those kiters weren't showing me up too much. Also hope your ankles not too bad James.

#6 2013-01-31 09:53:04

jamescox

100% good news! It took all my will power to not drag myself out. Pleased you got the best of it - it looked mightly fine. I'm going to head to southbourne for a late morning / midday session today. Shore break likely to be a bit unpleasant but it's gotta be done. I won't hear back on the ankle for a couple of weeks I think but at least the scan is done. Hopefully see you out there!

www.jimmywindsurf.com

#7 2013-01-31 13:18:22

jip

Sorry I couldn't make it out today, hope ill feel better for Sunday. It looked awesome v jealous

Phil

#8 2013-01-31 20:19:53

jamescox

It's always better to not be ill before you tackle the Southbourne shorebreak, otherwise anything can happen!!! Get better and then hit it hard on the weekend. Hopefully see you out there.

It was fun though but a waiting game in between the sets, but when they came though, they cleaned up the bowl and presented a really nice flat surface to bottom turn. I got disciplined a few times. Sometimes they would break crumbly when you went up to the section, other times you were greeted with a fat lip. Hard to judge.

I was heading out when the set of the day came through.... too slow to jump it, got over the top, looked behind to see Charlie just managed to bounce over the top of it and get dragged back in to the pit. Lucky and unlucky - depending on how you look at it.

I had to come in a bit earlier in the end. Work guilt got the better of me....

Fun times.

www.jimmywindsurf.com

#9 2013-01-31 21:44:17

Charlie W

Really enjoyed today. Hard work keeping up with ya but i MUST be improving. Move of day that I saw would be your one handed backy early on & then couple of goiter's later - nice. Moment of day for me was scoring one mast high (seriously) set (just after i was shouting like crazy to you with hand above head). 45mins after you left hit massive ramp at speed, big air so almost went for first ever backy, but didn't so just went for safe belly-back landing, hesitated too long, got wanged by next set - mast broken, end of. But it was defo worth it.

#10 2013-02-01 17:12:11

jamescox

It was good to be out there with you picking off those sets. I've figured out a few moves I can do with a bad foot, the backies are one of them, so you'll be seeing a few more of those soon ; )

I'm pretty sure I caught your mast tip disappear on that wave you are talking about, it was good to see and gave me some courage for the next smack.

I should have seen that wave, sorry to hear your mast gave in. I'm personally normally a bit wary jumping the first wave of a set, but to hell with it balls out! Best you get yourself a mast quickly in case sunday shapes up. Clyde mentioned he might be heading to Calshot this weekend because there are some cheap Powerex masts for sail. Give him a heads up, maybe he can get you one.

Just come back from a surf at Southbourne. Nice left hander peeling where we were riding yesterday. Light offshore winds. Feeling good.

www.jimmywindsurf.com

#11 2013-02-02 08:08:49

jip

I'll be fit for Sunday, where are you thinking ?

#12 2013-02-02 18:53:32

jamescox

Nice and easy - Southbourne. If I hit it, it will be about 0900 for a low tide push. I'll take a look and if I don't go out I'll make a note in a new thread.

www.jimmywindsurf.com

#13 2013-02-28 22:23:28

margauxrodriguez
Website

Hope everybody attended enjoyed the party.

"If you don't know where you are going, the road will lead you there."

Villa Adria
hotel Zvonimir

Board footer